Saturday, June 16, 2012

Light Ordinance? 2.5 hrs


When we moved into our house, it had just two miserable dim bulbs in the garage (and I don't mean us. Or my dog, for that matter). This week, we fixed it with 2 six-bulb daylight fluorescent fixtures and 2 shop lights over the workbenches. I will be careful not to make too much riveting/filing/sawing/air compressing noise after 10 pm in accordance with Yakima's noise ordinance, but I really hope they don't have a light ordinance, or we're doomed to shutting the garage door every night!

Ben started work on his new RV-8 tail kit tonight while I measured, marked and drilled rivet holes in my rudder stiffeners. After 3 hours he has a vertical stab spar all edge prepped and clecoed together, including the rudder hinges, and the ribs are all filed and ready for edge polishing. It took me a couple of weeks to get to that point because I had to make most of the parts from stock and measure & drill all the holes. Pre-punched kits are amazing. If we can find an air compressor tomorrow, we might have a couple more tail feathers sooner than we think.


No comments:

Post a Comment